Blackfalds Community Profile
Population 9,510 (2016 Census)
- Community Garden, for only $30 plant a beautiful little garden and meet your neighbors
- Join one of the many churches in the community.
- Volunteer and help out other as well as get to know your neighbors.
- Beautiful Recreation Centre
- Indoor and Outdoor Rinks
- Skate Park, Outdoor Spray Area and Multiple Playgrounds
The beautiful Abbey Centre holds the distinction as the only place in Canada where the Trans Canada trail heads indoors.
- 1 Elementary School
- 1 Intermediate Schoo
- 3 Middle and High schools
- 5 (K-9) Catholic Schools
- 2 Catholic High Schools
- Walk in Clinic
- 2 Dentists
- Eye Care, Chiropractor and more
- Close to Red Deer Regional Hospital or Lacombe Hospital
Blackfalds Business Facts
· Entrepreneurs Welcome: We provide the support you need to start or grow your firm whether large or small we have market opportunities and expert advice
· Low Cost Advantages: Among the most competitive tax environments in North America and no additional municipal business tax
· Hub of Enterprise: Many large firms are already here creating a staging place for the development of massive projects here and further North in Alberta and beyond
Ideal Location: High visibility,
access to 2.5 million people within a 2-hour drive along the CANAMEX Highway 2
and situated on a section of Highway 2A with high traffic volume counts
to major capital projects
· Impressive Growth: As one of the fastest growing communities in Canada, Blackfalds has a projected high growth population rate of 9,510 in 2016 to 24,927 in 2030
· Blackfalds energetic and competitive economic climate is made up of 290 companies, focused primarily in agriculture, natural resources, petrochemicals, construction, manufacturing and business services.
· Given the area’s resounding year over year population growth, construction is a pillar of the economy Year 2014 was Blackfalds strongest to date, with an increase of 17% in building permits totaling $116 million across commercial, residential and public projects.